Discover what Champaign-Urbana and the University of Illinois have to offer.
Meet Faculty, Staff & Students
Prospective and admitted students are welcome to schedule a visit to the School of Labor and Employment Relations. The one- to five-hour visit will be tailored to fit your interests and may include meetings with the dean, faculty, director of Student Services and director of Career Services.
You may have the opportunity to eat lunch with current students, and sit in on a class to experience life as an LER student. We also encourage potential students to attend an LER Informational Meeting for the opportunity to meet other potential students who could be in your cohort.
The best time to visit is September through April, when classes are in session. Contact Becky Barker at firstname.lastname@example.org or (217) 333-2381 schedule a visit.
How to Get Here
- I-74, I-72, and I-57 lead directly to Champaign-Urbana. For more information, visit the Illinois Department of Transportation.
- The Illinois Terminal, located two miles from campus, provides access to bus services, Amtrak trains and taxis.
- Champaign’s Willard Airport, five miles from campus, offers taxi service and car rental from Avis, Budget, Hertz and National.
- Other major airports within a 180-mile radius: Central Illinois Regional Airport, Indianapolis International, Chicago O’Hare, Chicago Midway and Lambert – St. Louis International Airport.
Places to Stay
- iHotel – The iHotel offers a special rate on rooms and breakfast for prospective students, as well as complimentary shuttling to campus.
- Illini Union Hotel – Located in the heart of campus, the hotel puts virtually all campus attractions and major buildings within a short walk. Prospective students and family receive a special rate. Use coupon code VISIT when making your reservation.
- TownePlace Suites By Marriott – Located directly on the University of Illinois Campus, the TownePlace Suites hotel is the perfect place to stay in Champaign/Urbana. The spacious suites, with fully-equipped kitchens and extra amenities, make an ideal choice for the families looking to have just a little more room than the average hotel room.
- Home2 Suites by Hilton – Located one block from Hwy 45. Parking, Wi-Fi, breakfast, and in-suite kitchen are included in your stay. Pets are welcome too! Free airport shuttle is available daily, 7:30 am to 10:30 pm.
- The Hyatt Place – Located in downtown Champaign and minutes from the University of Illinois Campus. Within a two-block radius, guests will find a dining scene with over 36 restaurants with twists on worldly cuisine.
For more hotels, see the Champaign County Convention and Visitors Bureau.
When available, LER has two rental spaces in lot C9 (spaces 19 and 20) that can be reserved for visitors.
If rental spaces are full, you will be required to use public metered parking at your own expense. City of Champaign meters ($.75/hour, two-hour limit) are located near the LER building. University of Illinois meters ($1.00/hour, 10-hour limit) are located in lot C9 facing Chalmers Street, along 6th street, south of Armory Avenue and in the Main Library parking lot, on the corner of 6th Street and Armory Avenue. See map.