Career Services On-Campus Student Agreement
In order to utilize the services offered by the LER Career Services office, I agree to the following:
- To provide the LER Career Services office with a resume that is approved for use on the Handshake Platform in approved resume books and attest that the information in my resume and profile is true and correct to the best of my knowledge.
- To be aware of all policies and information provided by the LER Career Services staff. I have received LER Student Handshake information and accept responsibility for the information it contains, including all appropriate appointments, events, and deadlines.
- To report for all interviews that I have on my schedule, and in the case of emergency, notify the LER Career Services office in advance of any interviews that must be canceled. I am aware that documentation may be requested in these cases and will provide it when asked. For non-emergency cancellations, I will notify the LER Career Services by phone or email before 5 p.m. the night before an interview on weekdays and before 5 p.m. on Fridays for any Monday interviews. It is not to be assumed that phone or email messages will be received over weekends. Failure to comply may result in the revocation of my recruiting privileges with LER.
- To show up for events I have RSVP’d to attend, and not cancel attendance at the last minute after companies have made their plans for the session, staffing, and materials or food.
- To permit the LER Career Services office to release copies of my resume and/or transcript to individuals who have a reasonable need to know such information. I agree to hold harmless the Board of Trustees of the University of Illinois, its officers, agents and assigns from any damages that I might incur as a result of the release of this information.
- To report all job offers and call backs to the LER Career Services office, and notify employers of my acceptance or rejection of offers by the agreed-upon deadline. Further, I will honor an accepted offer and discontinue interviewing after that time. I understand that the consequences of rejecting an accepted offer are deactivation from LER Career Services and no further assistance from the office.
- To update LER Career Services with any changes in my address, phone number, graduation date, visa, residency or citizenship status.
- To inform the LER Career Services office of my post-graduation plans and contact information.
I realize that my participation in LER Career Services activities requires me to be an ambassador for LER and I must behave accordingly. Any actions I take that may be damaging to LER’s reputation as a provider of top talent will be assessed on a case by case basis and may require corrective action by the administration or the revocation of my recruiting privileges with LER. This includes, but is not limited to, failure to show up for a scheduled interview at the appropriate time, reneging on an already-accepted offer of employment, failing an employment-related drug test, or any significant behavioral or academic infraction.
I understand that LER Career Services shall be responsible for exercising care in handling my records. I hereby grant permission to LER Career Services to release information contained in my placement file to employers for the purpose of assisting me in obtaining employment.
*Access to LER Career Services online is restricted to currently enrolled students who have registered with the LER Career Services Office. For more information, please call Brooke D’Urso, 217-333-2777, or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org. In the event of unauthorized access to your account, please notify Career Services immediately.