Upon enrollment, you are automatically a member of the Labor and Industrial Relations Association (LIRA).
Through LIRA, students can participate in social, volunteer, fundraising and alumni relations activities that enrich their experience and promote the reputation of the school. LIRA elects student representatives for committees at the beginning of each semester, and all students are encouraged to become active members.
- Annual Barn Dance
- Fall Welcome Back BBQ
- T-shirt/sweatshirt sales
- “Speed ‘Viewing” interviewing workshop
- Community outreach
- Philanthropy and fundraising events
- Spring Welcome Back Party
- Relay for Life
- Valentine’s Day Valentine and Bake Sale
- Student social events
How to Get Involved
All students at the School of Labor and Employment Relations are members of LIRA. There are no dues or membership fees.
To get involved, students can attend general meetings, announced via email, or contact any vice president or chair to get involved with a committee. LIRA executive board elections are held at the beginning of each semester.
- Co-President: Alyssa Scheu
- Co-President: Brenna Faber
- Co-VP Social Affairs: Caitlin O’Malley
- Co-VP Social Affairs: Olivia Chester
- Co-VP Philanthropic Affairs: Diem Le
- Co-VP Philanthropic Affairs: Madi Guest
- Treasurer: YY Kim
- Communications Chair: Celestina Aladesuru