Online MHRIR Degree Requirements
Learn while you work. You can complete your master’s degree in just two years.
Your professional perspective is valued. Our re-designed curriculum allows students to leverage their real world experience in the classroom. Whether you have prior experience in human resources and industrial relations or you are transitioning from another field, you will find immediate connections from your courses to your work.
Students must complete an undergraduate introductory course in statistics prior to enrolling in LER 593 Quantitative Methods in HR (Statistics). If you would have questions about courses which fulfill the statistics pre-requisite, contact Eden Haycraft for more information.
The online program consists of two 8-week courses (8 credit hours total) per semester for Fall and Spring, Summer term courses are 6-weeks (8 credit hours total). Over two years, you will complete 48 hours of course work, including the following subject distribution areas: Human Resource Management and Organizational Behavior, Union Management and Labor Relations Policy, Labor Markets and Employment and International Human Resource Management.
Sample Course sequence:
- LER 591 Employment Relations Systems
- LER 593 Quantitative Methods in HR (Statistics)
- LER 597 Employee Motivation and Performance
- LER 590ICO Influence, Change, and Politics in the Organization
- LER 522 Government Regulation
- LER 590FBM Fundamentals of Business and Management
- LER 565 Human Resources Management and Strategy
- LER 561 Compensation Systems
- LER 595 Managing Diversity Globally
- LER 590NPH Negotiation Principles in HR Contexts
- LER 542 Collective Bargaining
- LER 545 Economics of Human Resources