Interview on Campus
Recruiting for full-time positions and summer internships begins the first week of October for fall and the first week of February for spring.
The School of Labor and Employment Relations is accessible for recruiters nationwide, with local access to major airlines serving metropolitan airports in Chicago, Charlotte, and Dallas. Champaign is also an easy drive from airports in Bloomington, Chicago, Indianapolis, and St. Louis.
Personalized Recruiting Services
- lunch with faculty/staff who have a strong knowledge of your candidates and the curriculum
- professional interviewing space with wi-fi
- flexible interview schedule blocks
- convenient on-site facilities with A/V and catering options for information sessions
When you come to campus for full-time and/or internship recruiting, LER will preschedule interviews from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., with 10 to 12 interviews per schedule. We recommend this schedule to coordinate with student schedules.
Be prepared to provide:
- Position type: full-time or intern
- Number of schedules for each position type
- Interview length (30, 45 or 60 minutes each)
- Single or back-to-back interviews (back to back = 2 rooms with more than one recruiter; candidate swaps rooms to interview with each set during scheduled time slot)
- Minimum GPA requirement
- A job description to post to each interview schedule
LER provides one complimentary parking space for each recruiting schedule. If your team needs additional spaces, you can use metered parking or purchase a day pass for university meters for $11 from the main LER office. You can see more information on the UI Campus Parking Map.
Our two rental spaces are in lot C9 on the corner of 5th and Chalmers, Champaign. The spaces (19 and 20) face west and are marked as university reserved rental spaces. If these two spaces are taken, please do not park in any other spaces or the parking lot with angled spaces that is just behind the LER building. It is owned by the nearby church, and you will be ticketed or towed.
If those rental spaces are already full, you can come into the main office to receive your parking pass.
Complimentary or purchased parking passes are only valid for university meters, not the City of Champaign meters surrounding the LER building. See the map of university meters for parking passes.
Please note: City of Champaign meters are $.75/hour for a maximum of two hours. University meters are $1.00/hour for 10 hours, located along 6th Street and in lot C9, facing Chalmers. LER is not able to reimburse anyone for tickets received during recruiting.
For maps of parking areas across campus, visit the UI Campus Parking Map.