Student Society for Human Resource Management
The Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) is the leading organization in human resource management with over 120,000 professional and 9,000 student members worldwide.
The student chapter at the University of Illinois (SSHRM) provides opportunities for students to advance their knowledge of issues, trends and career opportunities, and to network with business professionals and fellow students. SSHRM holds regular meetings with featured speakers and facilitates interactions with the local Champaign-Urbana professional chapter. Check out the national website at shrm.org.
- Top Ten Chapter, 1999-2000
- Superior Merit Award, 1998, 2001-2007, 2010, 2011
- Host of the North Central Region HR Games on April 8-9, 2005
Benefits of SSHRM Membership
- Chapter projects and activities related to the human resources field
- Contact with the “real world” of human resources through the local professional chapter
- Information about the latest HR news and trends through presentations from professionals
- Networking with business leaders of today, as well as those of tomorrow
- Who’s Who in HR – a directory of SHRM’s professional members and professional and student chapters.
- Invitation to submit a resume in the SHRM annual Resume Book, seen by professional members attending the National SHRM Conference
Benefits of Student Membership in National SHRM
- For $35, you get all of the advantages of full professional membership ($160)
- Graduating members can convert to professional membership for half the price ($80)
- Subscriptions to HRMagazine, HRNews and “Echoes” student newsletter
- SHRM Book Service – discounted prices on HR publications
- Request bibliographies on HR topics for research assistance
- Attend the national conference for a special rate ($100)
- Qualify for scholarships or awards
Become a Member
Contact Nathan Muniz or SSHRM advisor Nell Madigan, or send a membership application with $20 dues (per semester) to Nathan Muniz. You can pick up and drop off a hard copy application for the national organization and student chapter in the basement of the School of Labor and Employment Relations, 504 East Armory, Champaign, IL, 61820.
Co-President: Goose Macias
Co-President: Ryan Ludwig
VP of Operations: Madeline Odle
VP of Recruitment: Paulina Marusarz
C0-VP of Programs: Alex MacKenzie
Co-VP of Programs: Colleen Tesher
Treasurer: Lizzie Jones
Marketing & Social Media Chair: Alexandra Podeschi
Based on our knowledge about Human Resources, we know that Health & Wellness is an important aspect of that job. The HR Generalists who implement wellness programs within corporations understand that a vital part of being successful in an organization is being healthy. As many say, “a healthy worker is successful worker.” Employers offer benefits to incentivize employees to go to the doctor and stay healthy when life becomes overwhelmingly busy as many of us are during recruiting season and finals. Wellness Committee is dedicated to improving student’s overall stress and time management and encourage healthy living by providing students with knowledge and activities that focus around health and well being.