Apply to the Master’s Program
Our admissions process is not formula-driven. Instead, we make informed decisions based on your background.
The Admissions and Financial Aid Committee will evaluate your admission to LER based on the whole picture – what you’ve studied and where, how well you did in your classes, GRE or GMAT scores, prior work experience, and what your references have to say about you. We encourage a wide variety of students to apply because we find that different majors, ethnic backgrounds, and work experiences enrich our classes.
You must also meet the general entrance requirements of the Graduate College at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign.
You must complete an undergraduate course in statistics before you can take the graduate level statistics course. We strongly recommend this course be completed before enrollment (it may be taken without graduate credit during the first semester, but doing so may delay completion of the program due to course sequencing).
How to Apply
All applicants must submit the following:
- Completed online application through the Graduate College at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. All supporting materials must be submitted online with the application.
- Application fee: $70 domestic and $90 international
- Transcripts of all academic work submitted online with application
- Three letters of recommendation from people who can speak to your ability to do graduate level work and/or your commitment and interest in the field of human resource management and industrial relations – submitted electronically
- GRE test scores (no subject test required) reported electronically to Institution Code 1836 OR request your GMAT scores be sent to code VKR-TK-05. Don’t wait to submit your application. Scores will automatically upload into your application.
- For international applicants, minimum TOEFL score of 590 PBT, 243 CBT, or 96 iBT reported electronically to Institution Code 1836. IELTS also accepted.
- Declaration of Finances (International applicants only) with Program Code 10KS0364MHRI on the form
- Statement of purpose submitted online with your completed application
Unlike many MBA programs, we do not require an interview. However, we strongly encourage you to visit campus and see for yourself how our high-tech, high-touch environment can help you succeed.
Fall application deadline is February 1; spring applications are due November 1. Applicants will be notified around March 15 for fall and around December 1 for spring admission. We will consider late applications, past the deadlines, until we reach our enrollment capacity. Please contact Assistant Dean Becky Barker (email@example.com) for more information.