All incoming master’s students are required to have a laptop.
To fully participate in the LER curriculum, students should comply with the following software and hardware requirements. The building is fully wireless in all public areas and classrooms. Two kiosk computers with a public printer are available for student use, subject to the printing policy at Illinois.
- Preferred: licensed version of Microsoft Windows 7 or Vista, available at no charge from the campus Webstore (webstore.illinois.edu). Mac OSX 10.7 or higher is also acceptable.
- Microsoft Office 2010 (Windows) or 2011 ( Mac), available at no charge from the Webstore.
- Processor – 2GHz dual core or higher
- Memory (RAM) – at least 4 GB (PC) or 8 GB (Mac)
- Hard Drive – at least 80 GB
- Wireless Networking – a/b/g network card
- At least one USB port