Faculty & Staff Directory
Assistant Professor, School of Labor & Employment Relations
and Department of Economics
- Ph.D. in Economics, Northwestern University, 2007
- M.A. in Economics, Northwestern University, 2002
- B.A. in Mathematics, Brooklyn College, City University of New York, 2001
Laschever's fields of interest are Labor Economics and Applied Econometrics. His current research examines how social interactions affect labor market outcomes, such as employment and choice of occupation. Laschever is currently examining how networks formed among men during the Civil War and World War I affected those veterans' post-war likelihood of employment.
- Economics/LER 440: Labor Economics (undergraduate)
- LER 545 Economics of Human Resources (masters)
Visit Professor Laschever's website for working papers, a curriculum vitae, and course information.
A Minute With...labor economist Ron Laschever, July 2010
To reach Professor Laschever:
213 LER, 504 E. Armory Avenue
Champaign, IL 61820